Friday, January 16, 2009

The Beginning of the End

sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
It's been one year and one month since I started Coming Super Attractions!, so this seems like as good a time as any to announce that CSA will be wrapping up one month from now, on February 16th.

I never had any real idea how long I planned to keep CSA going when I started it. Within a few months of its creation, I had had scanned in enough DC house ads to keep it going at least two full years.

With The Aquaman Shrine, I Am The Phantom Stranger, and Rob Kelly Illustration taking up a lot so much of my time, I never felt like I could give CSA my full attention. And since I have another blogging venture planned to start fairly soon, I felt like one had to go.

So for the next month, I'll be taking a sort of "Everything Must Go!" approach, and posting multiple ads every day, to show off everything I have still in my "To Post" folder. As a wise man used to say, be here, it'll be fun!


4 comments:

Richard said...

Darn it, I was really liking this one too!

Anonymous said...

This is bad news. I always enjoy reading the ads I remember seeing and marvelling at the oddities from the earlier eras (that Lois Lane Annual shown today seems especially odd...is that an insect Lois or a robot Lois in the middle of the right column, and think about it: what kind of question is that?!)
I'll enjoy the remaining time we have together.

Anonymous said...

It's been (like all of your efforts) grand, Rob.

Could I gently request that this Forum, and all of your far-flung others, never be TOTALLY frozen?

In that, if you came across something amazing for any of them, you'd do a "Special Post," and flag that on the other pages?

Thanks again.

Best,
-Craig W.

Diabolu Frank said...

I'm sorry to hear it, but I suspected something was up when you started the bulk posting. I'm also disappointed we didn't see more outside the Silver and Bronze Ages, but look forward to new blogs (Kobra finally?) I never got back to the Phantom Stranger, though reading it as a whole is on my "to do" list...